Microsoft Office365 Personal - Authentication OAuth2 / app password does not work

I’m on Ubuntu 22.04 with Evolution 3.46.4 (flatpak) and I’m trying to connect to my personal Outlook mail through EWS. It’s similar to this issue: Cannot get Evolution EWS OAuth2 working with third-party (OS33) authentication.

However, I’m getting the following error:

Request Id: a6ad00a7-f376-4475-8573-b49c94d11900
Correlation Id: ad29f350-8e3a-4676-9ced-dff5d552ef21
Timestamp: 2023-02-19T08:25:22Z
Message: AADSTS500201: We are unable to issue tokens from this API version for a Microsoft account. Please contact the application vendor as they need to use version 2.0 of the protocol to support this.

I also tried any other application IDs from this page: Apps/Evolution/EWS/OAuth2 - GNOME Wiki!, but none of them seemed to work.

When I try create a new app password it also doesn’t work. Sometimes the calendar sync does work, but still no mail.

What am I missing?

Hi,
it seems they changed something, because it was not needed before.
Would you mind to file a bug against evolution-ews, thus it’s tracked
and searchable, please? The place is:

Provide the link to the bug here, thus any archive reader can reach it.
No problem if you cannot fill it, just let me know.

Thanks and bye,
Milan

Thanks, for your quick reply.

Here is the corresponding issue: Microsoft Office365 Personal - Authentication OAuth2 / app password does not work (#223) · Issues · GNOME / evolution-ews · GitLab

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.