Windows too big on gnome on xorg

windows are abnormally large when using xorg but the desktop is fine it looks to be a scaling issue
here is an image of this phenomenon:

Do you have any extensions installed? There was an extension I was testing a few weeks ago that had this issue. I cant remember which one it was though.

The issue doesn’t persists on Wayland using the same extensions i also have this same issue on kde x11

What is the output of gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings overrides ?

{'Gtk/ShellShowsAppMenu': <0>, 'Gtk/DecorationLayout': <'menu:minimize,maximize,close'>}

here

The next thing would be gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.interface scaling-factor ? If that’s 0, maybe there is something in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini?

uint32 0

i think something is wrong with settings.ini

What is the content of settings.ini ? And another thing could be echo $GDK_SCALE .

Sorry for late reply
here is gdk

there is also something wrong the contents of the file don’t match my current theme and when ever i change my current theme using Gnome-tweaks it looks it is going to crash but it rescues itself but sometimes it crash to GDM

You are setting the GDK_SCALE environment variable somewhere. That’s not something any gnome component would do and has to be some customization on your system. Depending on your distro the most common places you might have done that are ~/.bashrc, ~/.profile or some file in ~/.config/environment.d/.

thanks the solution what chaning the gdk-scale in .profile

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.