Windows build maintainer

Hi all,

I’m currently a student in Canada. This year, my school has neglected to provide students with access to Visio, so I’ve returned to Dia which I’ve used on and off for many years for some of my work. I’m also on Windows and for better or for worse, it’s a requirement for my courses.

One of the opportunities to get involved with the project which you have listed on your website, is as a Windows build maintainer. Is this still an available role? If so, I use both mingw gcc and msvc regularly, but I’m somewhat confused as to what it is you’re asking for.

I’m looking to start contributing to open source projects in my spare time, and while I’m fairly comfortable with C, I can’t think of a good example of a large project I’ve written in it. If you need someone who can jump right in and start making changes, I’m probably not that.

I’m open to further discussion, either here or by email so please let me know. In the meantime I’ll clone the repo and try to learn how things work – I haven’t used GTK previously in depth, so it might take me some time.

1 Like

Hello!

So the situation with Windows is basically “it builds” in the sense that we have a CI pipeline that runs for each change. Of course all that shows is that in our MSYS2 environment the compiler doesn’t error out - What would be good is someone who can actually check it runs and ideally diagnose problems. Bonus points if they can make it build in Visual Studio.

Take your time, unfortunately Dia is fairly old and archaic so isn’t necessarily the best thing to learn from :slight_smile:

But really it don’t worry too much about what it says in the README - It’s always good to have more people on board

1 Like

I can definitely look into this, I assume if I find a problem, I should report it as an Issue on the repository?

I’ll definitely move slowly over this – dia isn’t going anywhere after all, but I’m excited to get started.

Yup, though of course more general help is probably better discussed here

Have fun :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.