Where does Music store the playlists created within it?

Where does Music store the playlists created within it? To be more specific, I mean playlists that I have manually created in the Music app, rather than the auto-generated playlists. I tried searching through some of the usual places in the home folder as well as a couple of find searches that I would have expected to turn up something, but didn’t uncover anything.

I’d like to be able to transfer them elsewhere, such as on my phone, so that I can enjoy my playlists away from my laptop as well.

1 Like

I haven’t doublechecked it but I think it stores them in the Tracker db. Maybe @sthursfield knows how it can be exported.

I think they’re stored in tracker as well :slight_smile: Data export wasn’t well supported in tracker 2.x (the current stable version) but to facilitate the migration between 2.x and 3.x we are adding a tracker export command, proposed here: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/tracker/-/merge_requests/262

This command doesn’t yet have a playlist specific option, that’s something we need to implement. Hopefully i’ll get time to do that soon, or, by looking at the other ‘export’ functions in the merge request i linked, maybe you can do a patch

Thanks for the info! I wouldn’t call myself a great coder but I’ll see if I can whip up something this weekend/week :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.