WebRTC disable switch?

I saw a discussion on Reddit that Gnome Web would have WebRTC. I tested my Gnome Web app and it’s not there yet on mine. Would it be much trouble to put a cutoff switch in the app settings to turn WebRTC off? For me, WebRTC can be a security issue. Thanks for your time in considering a cutoff switch.

We can add a hidden switch in the future when WebRTC is eventually supported. In the meantime, it would be premature to support disabling a feature that doesn’t exist yet. :slight_smile:

You shouldn’t need it to avoid IP leaks, though, as WebRTC should be gated behind user interaction, as in Safari.

Thanks very much for the reply. I like Gnome Web. For all of my tests, I’ve been using:

It also lets me know where my VPN exited since sometimes it exits to a different server than selected. Thanks for the work on Gnome Web and thanks to all for the work on Gnome apps. I have them on all of my Ubuntu, PinePhone (postmarketOS (essentially Alpine Linux)), and OnePlus 6 (postmarketOS) devices.

In my case, Gnome Web has always been faster on PinePhone than Firefox.

Thanks again and have a great day.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.