Use three pane view -- not found

Hi, I installed v40.0 and when I go to Preferences, there is no “Use three pane view”. This makes it rather tedious to read messages – I click on a message in the message list and there is a visual wipe and the message is displayed. But no way to go to the next or prev. message. I have to click the < arrow in upper-left corner to go back to message list, then select a new message. I don’t see a keyboard shortcut to go to next/previous message.

I installed via Flatpak on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS (Lubuntu).

thanks

You can increase the window’s width and the three panes view will appear!

Aha! I see. Any way to reduce the minimum width for 3 pane? Looks like it’s hard-wired to about 1300 pixels.

Any way to reduce the minimum width for 3 pane? Looks like it’s hard-wired to about 1300 pixels.

There’'s a bunch of minimum widths that come in to play that govern how when the different leaflets fold.

We’re going to look into tuning this better, hopefully for 41. How wide is your screen in pixels?

I’m using a 1920x1080 monitor.

The message list and message content panes have good widths (IMO), but the left-side pane (“Mail”) has a lot of white space. I suppose if someone had a lot of sub and sub-sub IMAP folders with long names, that would useful. But I use Gmail IMAP and mostly just Archive and Delete, so no sub-folders (er, labels). Maybe make that pane adjustable horizontally, or scrollable horizontally?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.