Unable to back up a remote subdirectory

I am using deja-dup to back up a network drive. Under folders to back up, if I enter smb://pi4nas.local/jens/ things seem to proceed as they should but it just takes way too long - approx 12 hrs just for scanning of roughly 1 TB of data. I attempted to just do a particular subdirectory with smb://pi4nas.local/jens/cad but what I get is a more or less instantaneous backup and verify (no error message) of a very small backup of a very large data set. When I try to restore it I get an error message that the backup is empty.
Under folders to ignore I have Trash and ~/.cache. The ~/.cache part was manually added vie dconfig.
Why am I getting an empty backup?

The computer running the backup is a Raspberry pi 4 with an attached USB SSD drive. It is backing up a SAMBA directory of a NAS that is also set up on a pi4 with an attached USB SSD drive

Interesting… (note that ~/.cache is always excluded anyway, but it’s harmless to specify it yourself)

Can you provide the debug info/log in the About menu? Depending on your version it will be labeled Debug Information or System Information or similar.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.