Tracker3 status: Timeout

Hi :slight_smile:

I’m starting from tracker’s faq.

I get:

$ tracker3 daemon status –follow
Miners:
07 mars 2024, 01:18:00:  ✗     File System          - Not running or is a disabled plugin

$ tracker3 status
Could not establish a connection to Tracker: Timeout was reached
^C

while tracker-miner-fs-3 is running a lot too much.

What’s wrong ?

BTW, I would like to correct some layout imperfections on tracker’s faq.
Can I do it without Git, and where should I ask questions about this ?

Hi,
What version of tracker-miners is installed ? And what do you see in journalctl --user-unit tracker-miner-fs-3 ? Presumably there must be errors logged there.

Improvements to the website are much appreciated - source code is here: Infrastructure / Tracker Website · GitLab

You can also join us in the https://matrix.to/#/#tracker:gnome.org room

Sam

$ tracker3 --version
Tracker 3.3.0

I don’t know how to go to the end.

I have a lot of errors of this kind:

oct. 08 17:26:05 a-VirtualBox tracker-miner-f[1862]: Could not save error report: Failed to write file “/home/a/.cache/tracker3/files/errors/5030e48d01d937540d6ada07a9c7cc8b.IFQTC>
oct. 08 17:26:05 a-VirtualBox tracker-miner-f[1862]: Could not save error report: Failed to write file “/home/a/.cache/tracker3/files/errors/3f71d00862ee94e09c17b87d44fe30d4.G5NTC>
oct. 08 17:26:05 a-VirtualBox tracker-miner-f[1862]: Could not save error report: Failed to write file “/home/a/.cache/tracker3/files/errors/3f71d00862ee94e09c17b87d44fe30d4.B8NTC>
oct. 08 17:26:05 a-VirtualBox tracker-miner-f[1862]: Could not save error report: Failed to write file “/home/a/.cache/tracker3/files/errors/6a00ee4b60e1dd4697f4d133bd51acbb.MBOTC>

I’ve found how to workaround this problem, with running tracker3 reset --filesystem. The FAQ tells it’s for disk space.

It would be nice that tracker3 would be able to detect and repair itself. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

I don’t know how to create a Matrix account, to join gnome conversation then.
Isn’t there a place to discuss about this on gnome.org ?

The upstream Tracker project runs on volunteer effort from basically 2 ppl - so we only have time to support the latest release. Can you update your system to a more modern version? 3.6.0 is the latest stable release.

I don’t know how to create a Matrix account, to join gnome conversation then.
Isn’t there a place to discuss about this on gnome.org ?

This forum exists, but for chat we hang about in Matrix. The matrix.to link should have an option to create an account

It seems it is not shipped with Ubuntu 24.04.
Do you know how I can easily get the last version with a distribution?

Anyway, I don’t know how I could reproduce the pb. So I think the only thing I can do is ask if they have ever fixed a bug like this.

Do you mean:

• Category > Infrastructure
  • Tags > web

?

I don’t see it.
I see " Choose an app to continue". I choose Thunderbird because it’s already installed. Then it tells " Open the Chat tab, click on ‘Join Chat’ and paste the identifier or type /join #tracker:gnome.org in an existing Matrix conversation."
I don’t think I can create an account from Thunderbird.

But if this forum is right for you, it’s right for me. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.