Hoping this is the right place for this question, as it relates to gtk.jl apps.
Made some gtk.jl GUI apps …
- in Ubuntu their in-appwindow font and cursor size is tiny and both are adwaita theme. maybe 8pts or something super tiny.
- ive been searching for days for a way to make the font size bigger.
some things i think may be useful clues …
- when i run the app from within vscode as its child, the app matches the global theme. when i run the app from a terminal command, the font and cursor size is tiny and are both adwaita.
- when i set in a .desktop file the gtk theme to yaru-dark, the GUI becomes dark theme, but the font and cursors are still tiny adwaita.
- when i use these Gtk.jl apps in kubuntu KDE, they always match the global theme, didnt imagine any issue with gnome until i tried it.
- when i change theme and font size in the main settings, and also in tweaks, i can adjust both the shell font size in the top bar, and the global theme in-app font size, as much as i want. but these settings never make any difference to the gtk.jl apps which still use tiny adwaita theme.
- switched the gtk,jl app to use glade xml but it doesnt affect the font size. im not entirely sure i have correctly attached the css which contains “font-size” i copied what little i could find.
so i wonder …
- is there a way to make the global theme apply - like vscode can and does?
- is there a way to increase the adwaita theme minimum font size?
- why is the default font size of adwaita so small in 2022?
- is there a way to change the default system theme to anything but adwaita?
- am i barking up the wrong tree?