The strange shortcut key binding `Ctrl + ;` in Gnome

My OS information is as follows:

werner@X10DAi:~$ inxi -S
System:
  Host: X10DAi Kernel: 5.19.0-21-generic x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: GNOME 43.0
    Distro: Ubuntu 22.10 (Kinetic Kudu)

When I hit Ctrl + ; anywhere, the following popup window will be triggered:

But this conflicts with the key binding of my Emacs configuration. Therefore, I want to know where this strange pop-up window comes from, and then disable the corresponding key binding.

I tried a lot, but still cannot figure out the solution. Any tips will be appreciated.

Regards,
Zhao

Hi, what extensions do you have enabled? This seems like a shortcut of a clipboard manager

See the following:

werner@X10DAi:~$ gnome-extensions list
ding@rastersoft.com
ubuntu-appindicators@ubuntu.com
ubuntu-dock@ubuntu.com
werner@X10DAi:~$ gnome-extensions list --enabled
ding@rastersoft.com
ubuntu-appindicators@ubuntu.com
ubuntu-dock@ubuntu.com

werner@X10DAi:~$ dpkg -l |grep gnome-shell
ii  gnome-shell                                      43.0-1ubuntu2                            amd64        graphical shell for the GNOME desktop
ii  gnome-shell-common                               43.0-1ubuntu2                            all          common files for the GNOME graphical shell
ii  gnome-shell-extension-appindicator               42-3ubuntu2                              all          AppIndicator, KStatusNotifierItem and tray support for GNOME Shell
ii  gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons-ng           46-3                                     all          desktop icon support for GNOME Shell
ii  gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock                74ubuntu2                                all          Ubuntu Dock for GNOME Shell
ii  yaru-theme-gnome-shell                           22.10.3                                  all          Yaru GNOME Shell desktop theme from the Ubuntu Community

That’s not from gnome, that’s from fcitx.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your comment. You’re right, and I confirmed as follows:

Also see here for the related explanation:

See Re: (Un)comment line(s) with markers at arbitrary position(s) in this/th for the related discussion.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.