Super+Tab / Alt+Tab not working while Drag & Drop

I am on Solus with Gnome 43 and Nautilus 43.4-75

I have doscovered that I cannot any more drag & drop a file out of a nautilus window to another either nautilus or other application window like pdfsam using key combination to switch to window (lets say on another workspace )while dragging.

The only way to drag & drop now seems to be to have the windows on the same workspace beneath or overlapping.

Is this a known issue or is this rather a Solus issue?

Are you using X11 or Wayland?

sebi@solus ~ $ echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE
x11

Then that’s: Drag and Drop with Alt + Tab - no show the app switcher (#5826) · Issues · GNOME / gtk · GitLab.

Wayland should not be affected if that’s an option for you.

Well, I am just a normal enduser, I wont do such profound system changes. I just go with what offers my distro by default.
So I guess I will just wait and see if this issue will get resolved eventually.

But thanks for your swift reply!

If Wayland is an option on your hardware, it should be available as an option on the login screen when clicking the gear button. It’s the default on many distros except on some Nvidia GPUs. So on some distros you have the option between “GNOME” and GNOME on X11", where the former means Wayland, and on other distros they changed the name to “GNOME on Wayland” explicitly. If only one “GNOME” session is listed, that means Wayland is not supported on your Hardware.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.