Something like AdwFlap but with vertical orientation/animation

Hi, I am searching for a way to have something that behaves like an AdwFlap, but reveals vertically.
Would I need to implement this from scratch (maybe based off AdwFlap)?
I’ve tried using a GtkOverlay with a GtkRevealer, but it would be transparent and overlap everything.
I’m not to experienced (yet) with Gtk in general, but just a hint in which direction I should look would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:
I want to create an option overview, where you can select different styles of text and linespacing, etc.
To have it more mobile friendly and be behave more like a typical mobile app,
I want to click on a button in the header bar → a box (overlay) slides up and does not fill the whole window.
Would also be great if I would be able to swipe it down.
Something like this (drew a simple mockup):

AdwFlap is orientable, but it’s deprecated. What exactly are you trying to implement?

I didn’t know AdwFlap was orientable. I just saw your blog post and it seams the replacement of AdwFlap won’t be, if I understood correctly.
I edited my post. Hopefully it’s more clear what I want. If not, I can look for a screenshot to expand more on it.

Marked as solved:
Since I now know, AdwFlap implements Orientable, that would be what I need.
You said in your blog post, that there probably will be a specialized bottom sheet in the future. That would be what I need. Because of the deprecation, for now I’ll try to implement something based off of it myself.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.