[Solved] Calendars grouped according to the source from which they are loaded (like Korganizer)

Hello

I’ve been using Evolution for years and I would like the calendar overview to be displayed on the left-hand side. The calendars are imported from various Nextclouds via CalDav. Since certain calendars have almost the same or exactly the same name, I often get confused. In addition, I would like to be able to display the calendars grouped according to the source from which they are loaded (like Korganizer).

Where can I place this wish so it could be reviewed by the Evolution developers?

Thank you for your help.

René (who likes tomato salad) :tomato: :wink:

Original Text:
Hallo

Ich nutze Evolution bereits seit jahren und habe einen Wunsch zur Darstellung der Kalender-Übersicht am linken Rand. Die Kalender werden bei mir via CalDav aus verschiedenen Nextclouds eingelesen. Da gewisse Kalender fast den gleichen oder genau den gleichen Namen haben, komme ich oft durcheinander. Dazu wünsche ich mir die Möglichkeit der gruppierten Darstellung der Kalender, nach der Quelle woher diese geladen werden (wie bei Korganizer).

Wo kann ich diesen Wunsch platzieren, damit er von den Evolution-Entwicklern geprüft werden könnte?

Danke für eure Hilfe.

René (der Tomatensalat mag) :tomato: :wink:

Hi,
how precisely do you configure those calendars in the Evolution,
please? The calendars are grouped by accounts, then by type, if they
are not assigned to a specific account. You can also rename the
calendar in the Evolution, no need to use the same name as is on the
server.
Bye,
Milan

Thanks Milan :slightly_smiling_face:
The calendars are from three different Nextclouds and are sorted alphabetically in the display. I haven’t found any other way to group by URL (source) under the maintitle ‘calDAV’.

Die Kalender sind aus drei verschiedenen Nextclouds und in der Darstellung werden sie alphabetisch sortiert. Ich habe keine andere Möglichkeit gefunden das ich unter calDAV eine Gruppierung nach URL (Quelle) machen kann.

Hi,
okay, thus if I understand it correctly, then you entered each calendar
manually with File->New->Calendar.

Try to use File->New->Collection account and fill in the Nextcloud URL,
ending with …/remote.php/dav/ . That will add you all the calendars
from that server in one go and they will be grouped together in its own
group, not under the “CalDAV” group.
Bye,
Milan

1 Like

Fantastic! Thanks Milan, that was the solution!
So I misunderstood this collection account the whole time.
__
Phantastisch! Danke Milan, das war die Lösung!
Somit habe ich die ganze Zeit dieses Sammelkonto falsch verstanden.

Hi,
no problem. Maybe the name is not the best, but it’s hard to find a
name which would suggest there’s a collection, aka group, of sources
under it.

In any case, I’m happy you made it work better for you.
Bye,
Milan

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.