[Solved] Building Evince without gobject-introspection (gir)

Hello,

I am trying to build evince with afl-clang-fast.

> CC=afl-clang-fast CXX=afl-clang-fast++ CFLAGS="-g -O0" CXXFLAGS="-g -O0" meson          -Dlibhandy:examples=false -Dlibhandy:tests=false -Dlibhandy:vapi=false            -Dlibhandy:glade_catalog=disabled -Dlibhandy:introspection=disabled --prefix=(pwd)/installed     _build

It fails with building evince-gir.

Is there a way (some -Dxxxx flags to disable gir/gobject-introspection).

Thanks in advance!

Try -Dintrospection=false.

You can check the options available by looking the meson_options.txt file.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply.

When I try to configure with:

> CC=afl-clang-fast CXX=afl-clang-fast++ CFLAGS="-g -O0" CXXFLAGS="-g -O0" meson -Dlibhandy:examples=false -Dlibhandy:tests=false -Dlibhandy:vapi=false -Dlibhandy:glade_catalog=disabled -Dlibhandy:introspection=disabled --prefix=(pwd)/installed -Dintrospection=false _build

I get the the following error while confguring itself:

Can you please point me to the correct direction…

Please ignore this, I was able to work around for now by disabling docs:

-Duser_doc=false -Dgtk_doc=false

Thanks a lot!

Yes, since we switched to gi-docgen the documentation is generated from gir files, which are from introspection. The correct behaviour would be that disabling introspection should automatically disable gi-docgen.

I opened an issue to not forget it. See: Disable introspection in meson should automatically disable gi-docgen (#1869) · Issues · GNOME / evince · GitLab

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.