Solid color wallpaper

Add the ability to choose a background from a color instead of wallpaper. In the new macOS 13 Ventura this has been implemented You can also make the wallpaper follow the color accent (if there is one)

It seems that there was even a GNOME color API…

I do not know if it will ever be implemented in the settings app but GNOME already does support this. It’s just that these settings are hidden. You can use these settings in the terminal as follows

# Disable Light Wallpaper Picture
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.background picture-uri ''
# Disable Dark Wallpaper Picture
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.background picture-uri-dark ''
# Set Background Color
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.background primary-color 'blue'
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.background primary-color '#ddd'
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.background primary-color 'rgb(255, 255, 255)'

I know about this method.
Somewhere in the discussions on gitlab I saw that they want to remove this with the transition to GKT4

Somewhere in the discussions on gitlab I saw that they want to remove this with the transition to GKT4

It was removed when porting Settings to GTK4, that’s why it’s no longer in the UI.

That doesn’t affect the underlying setting.

It wasn’t in the UI before either. I thought they were talking about removing the underlying GSettings schema because it was not being used in the GUI anyway.

It used to be:

But you are right, the removal happened longer ago than I remembered.

(That’s RHEL8 with GNOME 3.32 in the screenshot, it looks like the redesign happened shortly after that)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.