Side bar missing of nautilus on CentOS 8 stream

sorry, it’s my first time asking question here. I cannot find my sidebar after one restart…

I cannot find any preference button too. So I don’t know how to let it appear again. I think is a quite stupid question but it really affect my using. I search for several answer says press f9 but nothing happened.

plz help me QAQ

Maybe you have reduced the sidebar to become still small it’s invisible.

If you place the pointer close to the left edge of the window, from inside, does it change the cursor icon to a reduce handle? If so, if your click and hold while moving to the right you may be able to make the sidebar appear again.

This is one of the reasons why I am glad the sidebar has a fixed width in 43.

no, it doesn’t, nothing changed. Do you know how to open like, the setting of nautilus?

From what I remember, there is the “Show sidebar” option in the hamburger menu (the button with the 3 horizontal lines to the left of the close button).

no, there is also nothing

Oh, that version still has the early-GNOME 3 “app menu”. But in your your first screenshot there is no option to open preferences in the shell’s app menu. Weird. Mismatch between gnome-shell version and nautilus version?

The only option is to edit the preferences using the advanced interface provided by dconf-editor. There you should be able to find the option to show/hide the sidebar, as well as the sidebar width.

Last resort, you can use the command to reset all nautilus options to their default values:
gsettings reset-recursively org.gnome.nautilus

The needed menu is hidden at this place:

Screenshot from 2022-12-13 10-50-00

Oh I’ve solved! Thank you so so so so much!!! I used this command to reset to default

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.