Reply to extension upload review?

Hello,

I’ve uploaded an extension to extensions.gnome.org and received a review, parts of which I don’t really understood: The reviewer asks me to mention the extension I’m supposed to have forked off in metadata.json, but I didn’t fork anything. So either I’m misunderstanding something, or the reviewer had things mixed up.

I’d like to follow up on the review to clarify, and make sure that I address the review properly for the next upload, but I’m not sure how to do this on extensions.gnome.org?

There’s no reply button, and also no mail address to write to. The reviewer’s user handle on extensions.gnome.org was an alias, so I don’t even have a name to go by.

How do I reach out?

Cheers,
Basti

I would suggest joining the Extensions chat channel, you can talk to the reviewers there. https://matrix.to/#/#extensions:gnome.org

Does that work offline? Or is Matrix like IRC and requires me to stay only to catch answers? I don’t really have time for the latter.

What is your extension?

You have the reply box in the extension’s review page btw.

Do I? The box is labeled “review” if I remember correctly; I thought it was for another reviewer :thinking: It wasn’t obvious to me that I could use it to reply to the review :thinking: I’ll remember to use it next time.

The review in question is Review "UTC clock" version 1 - GNOME Shell Extensions

It’s ok. send it with #2 fix.

Uh, well, I can do that if course, but wouldn’t the reviewer just raise the same objection again?

I’d just like to clarify this upfront, to avoid review ping pong afterwards :innocent:

I reviewed +30 extensions yesterday. Mixed generated from with forked from. Sorry for that.
Fixing #2 would be enough to pass the review.

Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were the reviewer :innocent:

Thank you a lot for taking the time to respond, and for your review :pray:

I’ll upload a fix for the other review issue :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.