Releasing GIMP 2.99.18 soon

Dear translators,

We are planning a release of the development version of GIMP (version 2.99.18), hopefully in the next few days.

I know that it’s a bit late to warn you but it’s a development version so it’s alright if it’s not all translated. Also we are merging quite a lot of sensitive code in this version, so I’ve been mostly focused on code lately.

This being said, we merged GUI features, and I am hoping a full feature freeze (even API) soon, but also a string freeze. This should happen in January (though we are a bit late already compared to my planning). Then in a few months, we’ll enter release candidates frame and I am hoping a finale GIMP 3 release by May. I will make my best to give translators a good time frame for doing their part. See more on the timeline in: GIMP 3.0.0 release (#10373) · Issues · GNOME / GIMP · GitLab

Dear testers,

As usual, we will count on you to help us detect any unexpected issue in GIMP, especially if this is serious enough that it should block release. The report linked a few lines above is where you are expected to look at to help.

Thanks everyone! :love_letter:

1 Like

Great, I hope it will be released soon.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.