Pango make fails

Hi I tried to build rrdtools, but pango which is a prerequiste fails on make whith following errors:
/opt/include/glib-2.0/glib/gthread.h:246:27: error: unknown type name ‘GStaticMutex’; did you mean ‘GStaticPrivate’?
void g_static_mutex_init (GStaticMutex *mutex);
^~~~~~~~~~~~
GStaticPrivate
/opt/include/glib-2.0/glib/gthread.h:247:27: error: unknown type name ‘GStaticMutex’; did you mean ‘GStaticPrivate’?
void g_static_mutex_free (GStaticMutex *mutex);
^~~~~~~~~~~~
GStaticPrivate
/opt/include/glib-2.0/glib/gthread.h:266:3: error: unknown type name ‘GStaticMutex’
GStaticMutex mutex;
^~~~~~~~~~~~
/opt/include/glib-2.0/glib/gthread.h:268:3: error: unknown type name ‘GSystemThread’
GSystemThread owner;
^~~~~~~~~~~~~
/opt/include/glib-2.0/glib/gthread.h:285:3: error: unknown type name ‘GStaticMutex’
GStaticMutex mutex;
^~~~~~~~~~~~

All other pre-req worked fine

Following are the glib and pango versions I use
glib-2.19.9
pango-1.19.4

I running it on a QNAP-NAS using Entware libraries and compiler.

Do I miss any dependecies or any other suggestion are appreciated.

Cheers,
Horst

Most likely, your GLib version is too old.

You are using very old, unstable development versions of these libraries. We’re just going to recommend you update to newer versions. Note the odd minor version (.19) indicates unstable development snapshots, even minor version indicates stable releases.

GLib 2.19.9 was a development snapshot for GLib 2.20, which was released in March 2010.

Pango 1.19.4 was a development snapshot for Pango 1.20, which was releasded in March 2008.

You’re using incredibly old, entirely unsupported software.

If you’re using some niche commercial platform, please ask them for support.

If you’re trying to build newer software on an old toolchain, I’m afraid you’ll have to build everything yourself from scratch, using newer versions of all the dependencies.

Thanks for the reply. I followed the build instructions on this URL:
https://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdbuild.en.html
I will try to install all dependencies again with the latest available version.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.