OpenQA testing update, and how you can help

Hello,

I am still poking at https://openqa.gnome.org/ as and when my limited time permits, here’s a quick status update and some areas you can help if you’d like to learn more about testing and/or see the initiative progress further.

As of today, the latest test run is: openQA: gnomeos-master-iso-x86_64-gnomeos@qemu_x86_64 test results

• The installation process succeeds, and the journal is now written to the serial port and logged during installation to help debug future installer issues. :+1:
  • Baobab and Nautilus tests fail because the icons are completely black - a regression somewhere. The first step is to ask around to see if anyone’s already seen this issue, and what might be the cause.
  • Connections tests fail as the window has changed colour - the needle needs to be updated.
  • Connections then doesn’t exist, possibly causing the next test to fail - it would be nice to avoid that.
  • Weather test fails due to major UI changes (GTK4 port?) - needle needs to be updated.
  • Settings test fails due to a minor UI change - needle needs to be updated.

You will also notice a couple of infra issues:

Some of these issues are great “getting started” issues, particularly updating needles which can be done straight from the web UI once you have permissions. I would love to see more people getting involved, so if that sounds interesting please get in touch here or in #gnome-os. (There are instructions for updating needles here).

1 Like

Baobab and Nautilus tests fail because the icons are completely black - a regression somewhere. The first step is to ask around to see if anyone’s already seen this issue, and what might be the cause.

I believe that is this issue:

1 Like

I’ve updated the various needles, the icon issue persists for now.

Some updates to report:

The icon issue is still present, i haven’t investigated what needs updating to solve that, so 2 app tests are known to fail still.

When I get time to look at openQA some more, I’ll likely try to add some example content to the VM and some search & content tests.

The icon issue is now solved, this was fixed in master but the os.gnome.org image hadn’t been updated for a while.

I’ve also hopefully solved an intermittent failure caused by gnome-software’s “Software Updates Ready to Install” notification, by removing the /etc/xdg/autostart/org.gnome.Software.desktop file: Attempt to disable gnome-software's update notification (!14) · Merge requests · GNOME / OpenQA Tests · GitLab

We chatted a bit in #gnome-os about running the OpenQA tests in gnome-build-meta master as well. More on that here:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.