Not able to install sdks when starting new projects

I have downloaded the Builder(nightly) and when I create a new project and then builder asks me that it needs to download sdks to which I allow but after some time the sdks do not get downloaded and it shows failed to install org.gnome.sdk/x86/3.34 and also failed to install runtime org.gnome.Platform/x86_64/3.34
It happens everytime I open my project and try to dowload the sdks.
What could be the problem and related solution or suggestion?
Also, I am a newcomer to gnome I read about gtk in the tutorials provided in the developers section in the gnome website and went through the newcomer guide in the website so if anyone could suggest me a pathway about how to use irc’s of particular project in order to get development updates of a particular project development then that would be a really great help please forgive me if there is some error in my question as it’s the first one I am posting on any community or if the second part of the thread need to be posted as a separate question then please tell I will do so.
P.S. I am trying things in python.

1 Like

Hii ^^
How did you install Builder ? And why nighly (which is not stable) ?

1 Like

I installed builder(nightly) from ubuntu software manager through gui.
Earlier I installed a stable version using flatpak in which cloned music project of gnome for which I was able to download sdks but when I choose to create new project result is same.
I still have both nightly and flatpak installed version what do I need to do?

A new project uses stable sdk and not nightly sdk. These are different, you can switch it to the nightly sdk by editing the json file in the project dir: change "runtime-version" : "3.36", or 3.34 or whatever it is to master. Otherwise, let Builder download it really.

2 Likes

Thanks @alicem that really helped .

1 Like

Is there any way by which I can set default runtime-version for the new projects I create using builder every time I create a new one it asks me to download 3.34 but I have 3.36 installed so can I set it default for my projects.

No, the Builder templates need to be updated upstream.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.