[New Feature Request] Independent virtual desktops when using 2 or more monitors

Hi Gnome team,

First of all I wanted to thank you for your amazing work, I love the changes you have done since gnome 40.
Back story: I have been using Linux for personal use and windows for work for more than 10 years, recently I changed my work computer to a Mac, it took me a couple of days to get used to, but there was a functionality it has that I think would greatly enhance the desktop experience for user with multiple monitors.
Feature request: Would it be possible to add an touggle in setting to activate independent virtual desktops for each screen, what do I mean with this? If you have this touggle activated, the behaviour of the virtual desktops changes, and now when you change virtual desktop, it only changes in the screen where you have the mouse, not in all the screens.
This is really useful when you have 10 programs open and you want to have them all in full screen and you don’t want to change all of your screen to the other desktop.
Use cases: in my case I use it on Mac to have one creem for communications, meaning slack and email, other screen just for the browser and the other one rotates between other programs.

Please let me know what do you think.

Federico

Sounds like you might be asking about this?

Thank you, I tried looking if there was a similar request but I didn’t find anything, I’m happy there is one already, only a bit sad that it looks like that is not going to happen as the request if from 5 years ago.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.