Navigating to a link that opens in a new tab not working in WebKitGtk WebView

Hello,

I have an application in C++, GTK 3.0, using WebKitGtk-2.4.1 I am struggling to implement a feature because it seems like whenever I try to navigate to a tab that opens in a new tab (naturally on a normal web browser), it just does absolutely nothing.

I have tried creating a callback to log the navigation event for when I use a button/link that opens a new tab but it doesnt log anything. The buttons that actually work get logged in my callback but I see absolutely nothing when I click a link that opens in a new tab. I am guessing that if the webpage is designed to open a new tab, I have to have some measures in place to handle that in my code for my web view.

I have attempted to read the docs but nothing really makes it clear how to handle this case (maybe Im just blind lol). So now I am here. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to handle this and how to make it so I can navigate through links that open new tabs? And I guess it should be known that I am only assuming that it has to do with the new tab thing. Perhaps it is because of a different issue but the buttons only seem to become non-functional when they open new tabs.

Thanks.

Hi, you need to implement the WebKitWebView::create signal to create a new web view that’s related to the original web view. Follow the instructions provided by the documentation of that signal: you want to only create the web view at first, not also show it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.