My experience with Fedora 40 and Gnome 46

So after my write-up back in January, “Why I personally will stay with Gnome 42 for as long as possible”, Canonical with their idiotic decision to force stupid snaps on users, and the fact that they seem to not care at all to patch the Flatpak vulnerability in Ubuntu 22 LTS Pro, I have decided to reconsider my decision making paradigm going forward.

So, in a nutshell, after many hours of research, I did a core minimal Gnome 46 install on Fedora 40 in a VM with only 2 vCPU’s and 4 GB of RAM.

After some tinkering, I am impressed to say the least. As a matter of fact I am so impressed I am seriously considering dropping Ubuntu and to make Fedora 40 my daily driver.

A very sincere thank you to all the awesome Dev’s for stepping up and making their awesome extensions work on Gnome 46!! In my humble opinion, I pretty much have the same perfect DE that I worked so hard to assemble in Ubuntu 22. Without their extensions, it would not be possible.

This screenshot does not do it justice:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.