Modifying sidebar of filechooser

Hi
Are there any functions for modifying the default sidebar for the filechooser widget, removing unwanted shortcuts etc

In my app I have the following code ( I only want defined directories to be shown), not elegant I know

This is on the create filechooser sub routine

This populates with the list that I want to show

if ($sopts->{subname} && $sopts->{subname} eq ‘encodefiles’){
my $folders=$dbh->selectcol_arrayref(‘SELECT dir FROM dirctl WHERE dirtype IN (‘dir’,‘source’,‘src’)’);

foreach my $s (@{$folders}){
$selw{selw}->add_shortcut_folder($s)
}

This gets the list of row objects

my @r= (((((($selw{selw}->get_children)[0]->get_children)[0]->get_children)[0])->get_children)->get_children)[0]->get_children;

This gets the listbox that the row objects are contained in

my $listbox= (((((($selw{selw}->get_children)[0]->get_children)[0]->get_children)[0])->get_children)->get_children)[0];

foreach my $r (@r){
		my $name; ## variable for name of directory in sidebar
		{
			my @r= $r->get_children;

foreach my $rev (@r){
				my $e= ($rev->get_children)[0];

my $b=($e->get_children)[0];
				foreach my $w ($b->get_children){
					$name=$w->get_text if $w=~/Label/;
				}

}
		}

remove if not in regular expression

if ($name!~/(?:Filesystem root|Home|Other Locations)/){
			$listbox->remove($r)
		}
	}
}

No, there are no functions.

The file chooser is a complex widget that provides a minimum UI for selecting files in dialogs; it’s not something that you programmatically access to change to fit your requirements, just like you cannot change the layout algorithm of a GtkBox, or you cannot change the behaviour of a GtkTreeView.

By poking at the internals you’re literally going to break every time we change the layout of the places side bar or of the file chooser widget; we offer no guarantees of stability of the internal details of a widget, especially not one as complex as the file chooser.

I strongly encourage you to write your own file selection widget, if you want to make it look and behave differently than the GTK one.

As a side note: please use markdown when writing your code fragments. They render horribly on the website.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.