Menu button gives error messages with latest GTK4

Since the latest GTK update of my Gentoo box, my Nim SDT tool shows a lot of error messages when I press the menu button at the right of the header bar.

(sdt:16864): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 21:36:39.482: _gtk_css_corner_value_get_y: assertion 'corner->class == &GTK_CSS_VALUE_CORNER' failed

Gnome-Text-Editor as well:

(gnome-text-editor:17289): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 21:47:31.774: _gtk_css_corner_value_get_y: assertion 'corner->class == &GTK_CSS_VALUE_CORNER' failed

Some other tools show these messages not, but gtk4-demo shows them as well:

(gtk4-demo:17052): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 21:41:38.300: _gtk_css_corner_value_get_y: assertion 'corner->class == &GTK_CSS_VALUE_CORNER' failed

Show I assume it is not directly related to the Nim bindings, but still ugly. But well, the menu still works. This is for

[ebuild   R   ~] gui-libs/gtk-4.10.4:4::gentoo  USE="X examples introspection wayland (-aqua) -broadway -cloudproviders -colord -cups (-ffmpeg) -gstreamer -sysprof -test (-vulkan)" CPU_FLAGS_X86="f16c" 0 KiB

Gnome-Text-Editor as well, but not the old GEdit.

(gnome-text-editor:17289): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 21:47:31.774: _gtk_css_corner_value_get_y: assertion 'corner->class == &GTK_CSS_VALUE_CORNER' failed

Same errors here, with my Java bindings, running on Fedora 38.

I was seeing this error with some GTK Apps as well. It looks like the fix was recently fixed and merged in to the 4.10 branch of GTK 4 days ago: Revert "css: Simplify default values" (!6092) · Merge requests · GNOME / gtk · GitLab

So when GTK 4.10.5 is released this should be fixed.

1 Like

Is there a likely work-around. I’m seeing the same issue under Python 3.11, PyGObject 3.44.1.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.