Making AdwPasswordEntryRow insensitive from its signal results in "GtkText - did not receive a focus-out event."

I have a GtkBox in popup with AdwEntryRow and AdwPasswordEntryRow for username+password entry along with some other controls that let user login into external web service that my application allows to interface with.

When my login callback is executed, I set sensitivity of parent GtkBox to false for the duration of login attempt. This works perfectly well when called from clicked signal of a button, but doing this from either apply or entry-activated of AdwPasswordEntryRow produces the following warning in console:

Gtk-WARNING **: 18:52:52.971: GtkText - did not receive a focus-out event.
If you handle this event, you must return
GDK_EVENT_PROPAGATE so the default handler
gets the event as well

The warning goes away if I don’t make container non-sensitive and wasn’t there in GTK3 (I’m in the process of porting to GTK4). It appears as well if I make just AdwPasswordEntryRow insensitive instead of its parent. Replacing password entry with GtkPasswordEntry does not fix the issue either. Is what I’m doing unsupported or is this a bug in gtk/libadwaita?

Sounds like a GTK bug, yes.

Alright then, I’ve created an issue report in GTK’s bug tracker with minimal example to reproduce the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.