Make-nn doesn't translate all sentenses

I’m translating GIMP Help Master into Norwegian Nynorsk (nn).
When I run “make html-nn” some of my translations are not transferred to the html files but are displayed in English. What am I doing wrong?

The po files are downloaded from “https://l10n.gnome.org/…”. The command “make” with “git clone https …” from gitlab. All translated po files validated with “make validate-nn” and “validate_po.py” without errors. (The same happens with some files in Help 2.10).
Kolbjørn

The Makefiles were made at a time when the po files were still updated whenever the source documentation files were updated.

We don’t do that anymore, because the translations are only updated through DamnedLies.

A consequence of this is that the Makefile sometimes doesn’t notice when po/pot files need to be updated, they get out of sync.

To fix this, you can use touch to update the timestamp of all files in the /src folder before running the Makefile.

e.g. like this in a script:

cd ~/gimp-help/src

#Mark all source files as updated...
find . -type f -exec touch {} +

Many thanks for the quick reply and the explanation.
Unfortunately, this does not work. Some of the texts (the same as before I think) are still in English.
I ran your suggestions and all the xml files in gimp-help/src and the pot files in gimp-help/pot were updated in date and time. Then I ran make xml-nn and make html-nn. (As this is a test I didn’t validated the files).
Kolbjørn

In that case, please open an issue in gimp-help with links to some of the pages that have untranslated strings that should have been translated, and point out the exact paragraphs.

Based on your information that the files are up to date on DamnedLies, I started from scratch with git clone … etc. Saved my po files again and copied over to gimp-help. Now it works! The xml files are in Norwegian. Thank you a lot.
Kolbjørn

Next time try this: also delete the /xml dir entirely, then do make as usual …

Thank you, Marco. I will (if it happens again).