Loupe string changed

There are still no instructions on what to write here or what category to use, so I will probably hear again that I’m doing it wrong without anyone giving instructions.

--- a/data/org.gnome.Loupe.desktop.in.in
+++ b/data/org.gnome.Loupe.desktop.in.in
@@ -7,5 +7,5 @@ Terminal=false
 Type=Application
 Categories=GNOME;GTK;Graphics;2DGraphics;RasterGraphics;Viewer;
 MimeType=@MIME_TYPES@
-Keywords=Picture;Slideshow;Graphics;Loupe;
+Keywords=Picture;Graphics;Loupe;
 StartupNotify=true
1 Like

Thanks for the announcement. I don’t know what past event the “again” refers to. This has the i18n tag, so it looks like the right place (like all the other announcements made by other maintainers). Since it is indeed about an application, Application also seems correct.

As for the content, I don’t think the form matters that much as long as it’s clear what changes or additions were made. Your diff is fine. The point is that translators start working actively on GNOME modules when the String Change Announcement Period begins, so they might be working on your module and just need to know what changes to take into account.

Where would you like said missing instructions to be present? This is the first time I see someone complain about this, and as I said, other maintainers managed to do it just fine so far, so I wasn’t aware this could be an issue. I am however happy to get your feedback and to address it.

The handbook has this:

String change announcement period

String changes can be made during the period between The Freeze and string freeze. However, all string changes made during this period must be announced to Discourse using the i18n tag.

It is linked from GNOME Release Calendar - GNOME Release Notes

Does that work for you?

No, because that doesn’t contain any information what to put in the post. Last time I left it empty and got complaints.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.