A few people have asked to have a public roadmap, so here we go.
The plan is to release libadwaita 1.0 before the end of 2021. We want to have the following in it:
- Dark style preference API and high contrast rework. Note that not everything here is a blocker for the release - parts like the Settings UI can be implemented after 1.0 as long as there’s an API for app developers to start supporting a future preference in their apps.
- Finishing the stylesheet rework
- Having stylesheet documentation - e.g. what style classes we have, how to recolor things and so on.
- Recoloring API
- Animation API - some parts have landed, but not everything
- API cleanups
Figuring out how to support swipes together with scrolling in a world without
gtk_grab_add()/remove()- likely involves GTK changes
That said, if it’s clear we’re not making it in time once more, some of the items will be postponed.
Things that are lower priority but it would be nice to have them:
AdwCarouselAPI to allow e.g. binding list models or simplifying navigation
- @Maximiliano’s entry list rows
GMenuModel-based boxed lists - as much as I want to drop the current list rows, it will take a lot of time
- A wrapping box layout/widget - e.g. Patterns designs require that
Hope you like the plan!