International screenshots for release notes

In a discussion about default fonts, I suggested that it could be nice to have a gallery of translated screenshots in the release notes for GNOME 44. I think that could be a nice way to show off how many languages we support.

If you can contribute screnshots in your language, that would be great. You could either put them here, or in the issue where release notes material is collected: Collect items for the GNOME 44 release notes (#43) · Issues · Teams / Engagement / Release Notes · GitLab

4 Likes

Hey! Do you need a screenshot of any specific application, or the gnome-shell or anything GNOME will work? :slight_smile:

I am not the marketing expert, but I think it would be nice to have screenshots of a well-populated desktop (ie not just gnome-shell, and not an empty desktop, but with some running applications, and in particular, some that have some text and will show translations.

1 Like

Here are some Hindi screenshots :slight_smile:, though there are some missing translations.

There is currently a CI that builds, runs, and tests the Gnome OS. Someone could probably integrate taking screenshots as part of the testing process, as well as switching languages and taking more screenshots. But I am not sure who would implement this.

i thought it already makes screenshots :hushed: :thinking: perhaps it’s a CI of another repository?

Apart from missing translations, there is a lot of old machine generated non authentic translations. Sadly currently i am the only one currently reworking on that. Most translation work in recent 6 months has been by me, and verified by coordinator Guntupalli Karunakar. If you would be interested in joining, you may contact me.
Ps. I have already completed Calendar, Clocks, Weather, Characters, GDM, xdg-desktop-portal-gnome, phosh, Calls, Help and a lot more gnome circle apps. Currently working on GNOME shell and i think gnome shell translations would land in gnome 44

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.