Interface modification of gnome-software

After opening the ui file in gnome-software, some controls cannot be displayed after opening my glade. Is there a solution?
Is it because some controls are not recognized because of the version of glade? If so, can you provide the installation package, thank you

1. What version of glade do you use ?

2. Did you try the gnome-nightly flatpak ?

3. You can attach a screenshot of the ui file in glade, describing the issue, if '[2]' did not work.

Thanks!

1.Glade is 3.18, and I also tried the latest version. I canā€™t find the installation package for the old version.
2.I havenā€™t tried it yet. If I want to modify the ui interface classification layout of gnome-software, which package should I modify?

There are many things like this I canā€™t view and modify

This is because Glade is only really able to display widgets coming from the catalogs (webkitgtk, gtk, libhandy, etc.), but it isnā€™t aware of the widgets defined in the projectā€™s code, like all the Gs* widget from Software (here itā€™s your GsOverviewPage that doesnā€™t work). I donā€™t think thereā€™s a way to make that work outā€¦ (but maybe there is ?)

2 Likes

@Cola_liu: you should get in touch with gnome-software developers, to know how they update their ui files.

Also, please use a recent version of glade, whenever possible. Recent versions ( 3.38+ ) have fixed a lot of issues which will make working with glade easier.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.