Installing GIMP on Chromebook

I have seen several YouTube instructions on how to install GIMP on a Chromebook but I wanted to ask this question here so that I could trust the source. Can anyone provide me with instructions?

There is no official GIMP build for Linux that expressly supports Chromebook. So, there is no 100% guarantee that the instructions will work.

This is a similar situation to the WSL one. Some people try and can be successful or not.

This would depend on the OS running on the Chromebook. The original OS or a more standard Linux distro (and if so which)?

Also, consider that the low price of Chromebooks comes from their bottom-of-range specs, which isn’t a problem since ChromeOS apps offload all the heavy-lifting to cloud servers. If you run Gimp, it will run everything locally and lay feel a bit limited.

If it helps, mine is a Chromebook Plus running Chrome OS Version 123.0.6312.132 (Official Build) (64-bit). Processor = Intel® Core™ i5-1235U (up to 4.4 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB L3 cache, 10 cores, 12 threads) and RAM =16 GB