Importing Shotwell database

My photo database is getting to large for my laptop so I feel the need to switch to a workflow where I only have the photos from my current trip on my laptop (where I need to work on the photos, tagging cropping etc) and once I get back home I want to merge these into my big photo storage. So the functionality I need is for Shotwell to be able to import photos form another Shotwell instance.
I feel capable to implement such a feature. Now I have two questions.
Is there any chance of getting such a feature merged into Shotwell (assuming the code is clean enough etc)?
And if so, do you have any opinions on how such a feature should be implemented? A standalone command line tool or integrated into Shotwell? Any other opinions?

2 Likes

Sure. It could even be implemented as an importer plugin, the infrastructure is still there, there is just nothing implementing it anymore (see the old F-Spot importer here: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/shotwell/-/tree/shotwell-0.22/plugins/shotwell-data-imports )

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.