Implement More Appeareance > Style Colour Options

Given the potential plethora of ways to establish if this is in progress or been suggested before I thought I’d try here.

I was wondering if it was possible to implement more than just “Default” and “Dark” in the Appearance > Style options.

I understand there are themes, but these are a known “Tweak”.

It would be nice to choose a colour and have all the related colours match in a similar fashion to how the colour matching works on Android Material You background changes (of which I understand there is an open source project that works out those colours)

If someone could point me in the right direction to start myself, that would be excellent too.

1 Like

Custom accent color support is being worked on. This will let you change the current blue accent color to another one from a selection.

1 Like

That’s great to hear.

Is there any work being done on changing the colour of the titles bars and menus etc?

My thought is these could be, instead of explicit colours, percentages of black ontop of a base colour.

That would require changes to GNOME’s design language as a whole, and is not planned at the moment

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.