Iio-sensor-proxy does not rotate screen on 2-in-1 device using Wayland

Hello,

I have been trying to debug an issue about screen rotation on my 2-in-1 device. Some more information is here

I have so far tested this device on:

• Manjaro Stable(5.10 kernel and GNOME 40.1.0)
  • Fedora 34(5.12 kernel and GNOME 40 too)

I ran most of the debug steps in the iio-sensor-proxy gitlab site as well.

1. Manjaro Stable (Wayland) didn’t work at all because iio-sensor-proxy wasn’t installed and even after installing it, it starts and shuts down by itself
  2. Fedora 34 has iio-sensor-proxy installed and when I run monitor-sensor, the sensor is picking up that I am rotating the device, but the screen doesn’t rotate
  3. I also tested screen autorotate extension on Fedora 34. I followed the steps exactly to add the extension, then logged out and tried to log back in but I was constantly taken back to the login screen
  4. I also tried to run xrandr -o 1(is this only supported on X11? see below *) in Wayland on both Manjaro and Fedora and this didn’t rotate the screen

I want to keep debugging the issue because Wayland is the future of most desktops, but I wanted to see if the device might work on X11. Alas! It actually worked! I didn’t need to do much at all and *running xrandr -o 1 or xrandr -o 2 changed the orientation of the screen exactly how I would want it.

I can’t tell if the bug is in Wayland or iio-sensor-proxy, but I am starting by reporting it here so that maybe the bug can be resolved. It isn’t distro-specific because I am testing this on both Fedora and Manjaro and neither works to rotate the screen.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.