How to rearrange windows within the same workspace?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering how to rearrange app windows within the same workspace.

For example, in the workspace above how would I move Chrome down and VSCode up? Or Tilix to the left?

Unless I want to move workspace I use the Super key to bring up the apps as I find Alt-Tab to be slower and harder to use for switching between apps in the same workspace. The problem with this approach is that muscle memory has mapped certain apps to certain positions (as they’re initially opened) but those positions are changed when the app is closed and re-opened.

If there is an alternate way of switching between apps in the same workspace that takes advantage of muscle memory and not waste my already few brain cycles that would be fine too :slightly_smiling_face:

The placement of the windows in the overview is based on the placement of the windows outside of the overview (specifically the center of the windows).

Maybe the dash icons and the corresponding Super + Number shortcuts? If you pin the apps the order will always remain the same.

1 Like

Thank you very much, that was new to me and provides an alternative for faster app/window switching.

Still wish the overview could be ordered though! :pleading_face:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.