How to disable Super+p keyboard shortcut?

So I noticed there’s the Super-p keyboard shortcut that allows me to change the setup of the multiple monitors:

How can I disable it? I never use it and sometimes I press it by mistake when I’m with multiple monitors and it ruins the setup of the location of the screens I can only set via the the settings.

It seems there is no settings for this keyboard shortcut in dconf or in gsettings. Help will be appreciated.

It seems there is no settings for this keyboard shortcut in dconf or in gsettings

There is:

$ gsettings set org.gnome.mutter.keybindings switch-monitor '[]'
1 Like

I saw this advice on many places when I searched the internet but it is seems outdated for Gnome 41:

$ gsettings set org.gnome.mutter.keybindings switch-monitor '[]'
No such schema “org.gnome.mutter.keybindings”
$ gnome-shell --version
GNOME Shell 41.0

In fact:

$ gsettings list-keys org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings | while read key; do
> gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings "$key"
> done | grep 'Super>p'

Gives an empty output. It seems this keybinding is hard coded?

With Nix, the GSettings schemas are generally not installed globally so a program will only have certain schema available if it depends on it. You should be anble to run the gsettings command within nix-shell -p glib gnome.mutter.

1 Like

Thanks for joining the discussion @jtojnar :smile: . Unfortunately:

$ nix-shell -p glib gnome.mutter --command 'gsettings get org.gnome.mutter.keybindings switch-monitor'
No such schema “org.gnome.mutter.keybindings”

I do see inside that nix-shell though:

$ env | grep mutter | grep -i gsettings
GSETTINGS_SCHEMAS_PATH=/nix/store/c0w8f0sdvi43j4arg4dhh08fl4bsbhdj-mutter-41.0/share/gsettings-schemas/mutter-41.0

Oh, the schemas only get appended to XDG_DATA_DIRS by wrapGAppsHook so it will not be enough.

$ nix-shell -p glib gnome.mutter --command 'env XDG_DATA_DIRS=$GSETTINGS_SCHEMAS_PATH gsettings get org.gnome.mutter.keybindings switch-monitor'

should work. We should probably make it more ergonomic for nix-shell.

1 Like

It did, thanks!

Tell me about it :), (RFC 75…). We can also make it part of the default environment of gnome users?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.