How to customize evolution gui?

I’d like to remove/add some items to “menu bar” (?) - e.g. how can I remove the “junk” icon, how can I add a wastebasket icon, etc.?
jankom

| jankom Janos G Komaromi
April 17 |

• | - |

I’d like to remove/add some items to “menu bar” (?) - e.g. how can I remove the “junk” icon, how can I add a wastebasket icon, etc.?
jankom

Hi Jakom,

Honestly, I have been poking around the menu’s and I don’t see a way to add those icons, unless I missed the location to where you can add icons / remove icons from the main toolbar.

Honestly, TB and CLAWS is more customizeable than Evolution. But, I like Evolution and how they store my emails locally on the computer.

Chris
CHRIS@CWM030.COM

Fedora 39 * MATE Desktop * On a…Lenovo ThinkCentre M710Q* 15 Gigs of Ram* 1 TB SSD*

Did anyone check the user docs? “Help > Contents” and Evolution Mail and Calendar have a section called “Customizing tool bar and menu items”?

Yes, indeed. I saw that, but got scared because I don’t consider myself “savvy”. But it is worth to try it and learn. My next item on the 2DO list. Thanks - jankom
P.S. I switched from Claws on my Gentoo desktop because my Linux Mint laptop has Evolution and wanted to get used to the same email access client.

• FACE PALMS* with the " RTFM".
    You WON’T get people won’t use your mail client , or make it gain popularity if you keep telling folks that when they write in for help! :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Ahhh, I see. You’re very welcome! :sunglasses:

I’m not sure if this is meant ironically, but just in case it was
serious: letting people know there is documentation is an entirely
appropriate response to this kind of question.

poc

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.