How can I list the available gnome platform and sdk versions?

Hi, where/how can I find out the list of all available gnome platform/SDK versions for flatpak builds?

• for local flatpak builds and installations, I can run flatpak search org.gnome.Platform, this returns a list of available platform versions. But in gnome Builder, further versions are available such as 43beta, that are not listed by the flatpak search command. Also, gnome seems to release versions such as 42.1 but I cannot find corresponding flatpak platforms or SDKs. So how can I list all available versions?
  • besides local builds, are the same versions also available in gitlab.gnome.org’s ci builds? and in flathub?

Thx, Johannes

Builder creates a private flatpak installation (in XDG_DATA_HOME/gnome-builder/flatpak) with remotes for flathub, flathub-beta and gnome-nightly, filtered to only include runtimes.

If you add the same remotes in your regular flatpak installations (--user or --system), then flatpak search will find the same platform versions as Builder.

Also, gnome seems to release versions such as 42.1 but I cannot find corresponding flatpak platforms or SDKs.

That’s because they don’t exist. Point releases are for bugfixes, and they are pushed out as runtime update rather than a new runtime version (that every app would have to explicitly update to).

1 Like

Thank you, this makes it clear now.
BR, Johannes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.