GTK4, libadwaita - cross-compiled

1. Please, provide, mingw64-gtk4. mingw64-libadwaita - e.g. to Fedora, similar to mingw64-gtk, so people can start cross-compile their apps for Windows. This will show the beauty, and most importantly - convergence - to the broader Windows user community thus serving as advertisement for Gnome, PureOS etc… I’m specifically interested in cross-compiling Gnome Text Editor but unable to do so without mingw64-libadwaita.

2. Are you aware of any other CI-capable ways to cross-compile libadwaita based apps?

3. Over the years people were talking about Qt’s superiority in the field of cross-compilation… Maybe the time has come to start take it seriously for GTK…

Please, provide, mingw64-gtk4. mingw64-libadwaita - e.g. to Fedora, similar to mingw64-gtk

The existing mingw-xxx packages are provided by Fedora, not to Fedora. That is, you should make your request to Fedora’s MinGW SIG.

Over the years people were talking about Qt’s superiority in the field of cross-compilation… Maybe the time has come to start take it seriously for GTK…

If that is an offer to work on improving GTK’s non-Linux backends, then I’m sure that help would be welcomed.

Thank you for dismissing the effort of various volunteers: I’m sure every person who has contributed to make GTK work on macOS and Windows, as well as the GTK maintainers, are happy to know you’re devaluing their work as “not taking things seriously”.

The question is: maybe you should be taking things seriously, and put your money were your mouth is, so to speak.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.