GTK4 Application menubar items not responsive on startup (MacOS)

Hi,

When I use gtk_application_set_menubar() the menus appear in the MacOS menubar - as expected. However, on startup, they are not “active” - i.e. they do not respond to clicks by opening up the menu with menu items as I would expect (and as it does when I run the same program on my Ubuntu system). For me, gtk-demo-application also has an unresponsive menu in the menubar - and that seems to me not to be the intended behavior.

However, if I click off the application so that the Finder takes over the MacOS menubar, then click on the application again, so that it has focus, then the menu becomes active and I can open the menu items.

The installation of GTK4 that I am using on MacOS is provided by Homebrew.

Thanks.

As that happens even in the demos, most likely it’s a GTK issue. Can you open a ticket in https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/issues ?

OK, Done. [Some more characters to pass the character number limit]

I never implemented menubar support in the GDK 4 backend for macOS. Typically, that was done with external tooling in the past, but if someone comes around to write support for it, I’ll certainly review it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.