Gtk3 No SVG support on windows

I’m trying to bring xournalpp to compile and run with msvc. After fixing all compilation issue’s it literally does not load any svg file.
I’ve read, that librsvg is required for this, but I am not sure. Neither rebuilding gtk nor xournalpp helped, when librsvg is build and installed. Therefore something else must be missing.

I’ve built gtk over vcpkg and made sure, that librsvg has been installed previously.
Can someone give me some more hints?

Hello, Fabian!

It seems that the SVG pixbuf loader is installed in bin\ (https://github.com/microsoft/vcpkg/blob/0fa8459c/ports/librsvg/CMakeLists.txt#L126) but it should go in lib\gdk-pixbuf-2.0\2.10.0\loaders\. Can you check if that’s the case? Note that the DLL should be named either libpixbufloader-svg.dll or pixbufloader-svg.dll. in case you moved it, be sure to run gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders --update-cache

1 Like

Hello, thank you for the reply :slight_smile:

I get an error, when updating the loader.cache:

.\gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders.exe --update-cache
Cannot load loader C:\vcpkg\installed\x64-windows\lib\gdk-pixbuf-2.0\2.10.0\loaders\gdk_pixbuf-2.0-0.dll

The dll is located in C:\vcpkg\installed\x64-windows\lib\gdk-pixbuf-2.0\2.10.0\loaders\gdk_pixbuf-2.0-0.dll

Edit: the problem was, that I only had the debug modules in the path.

1 Like

Great! Yes, the main gdk-pixbuf DLL should stay in bin, only loaders can go in lib\gdk-pixbuf-2.0\2.10.0\loaders

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.