Gtk_signal_list_ item_factory_new calls bind/unbind way to often

Ok, just did my first programming with list factories and i see that bind/unbind signal callbacks are not only called when a list items comes into view (even if not in view and in the overscroll area) but also when the selection changes.

I would very much prefer the later should get some of it’s own signals but i understand why this is done.

But i was very surprised by the waste of computation power (and undocumented) is that when i have a list and selected the first item. and then click and select an item at the end, all items in between also get bind/unbind calls. This is just unncessary. And at least should be mentioned in the documentation.

This is also a problem with the design error for different widget layouts where you have to melt the setup signal code into your bind callback code.

BTW: you can’t use the function name “gtk_signal_list_item_factory_new” inside the title of a post because the forum software comes up with an error “An error occurred: Title seems unclear, one or more words is very long?”. Please disable this setting.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.