Gsettings extensions

Hello everyone.
I have a problem. I was sing manjaro before and it has pre-installed dash to dock extension. With this extension i was using gsettings to customize it. Extending height etc. Now I switch to arch like few years ago and trying to do same thing. but this time extension doesnt come pre-installed. So i have to download and install. So far so good. After installation, gsettings cannot see dash to dock on installed extensions. but dconf and gnome extensions can see extension and make some configuration. Extensions are installed on
/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/
I also moved extensions on
~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/
same scenario happened. What do you suggest? Is there any other methods that i can try to make this work?

When an extension is installed as a distro package, its gsettings schema will be installed in the normal gsettings schemas directory (/usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/). If you install extensions as user to your home directory, then the schemas will be in ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/EXTENSION_UUID/schemas/, which is not where gsettings looks for schemas by default. So if you want to use one of those schemas from the gsettings command you need to specify the schema path using the --schemadir option.

As i understand if extensions schema files are under /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/ i would be able to use gsettings command. Thank you so much. Is there any document about this? I cant say gnome documents are beginner friendly.

There’s a pretty full write-up in the documentation for GSettings. There’s also a tutorial for working with GSettings in Extensions.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.