Distro: Pop-os (Debian/Ubuntu)
I’m quite new to this so it might be a simple error.
This is the code where the error occurs:
class MainWindow(Gtk.ApplicationWindow, Settings): def __init__(self, settings, *args, **kwargs): super().__init__(*args, **kwargs) print(settings) # Window Layout # self.set_default_size(1200, 500) # Grid self.grid = Gtk.Grid() self.set_child(self.grid) self.grid.set_column_homogeneous(True) # Add the Hours self.grid.attach(Gtk.Label(label=" MONDAY "), 0, 0, 1, 1) START_TIME_SECS = int(settings.start_hour.total_seconds()) END_TIME_SECS = int(settings.end_hour.total_seconds()) INTERVAL_SECS = int(settings.interval.total_seconds()) for x in range(START_TIME_SECS, END_TIME_SECS, INTERVAL_SECS): _time = seconds_to_time(x) _label = Gtk.Label(label=str(_time)) self.grid.attach(_label, x, 0, 1, 1)
I could not find anything online or someone having the same error, that’s why I’m here.
While it doesn’t make much sense, I tried doing some (limited) testing. So after restarting a few times my computer, I think these are some of the causes:
- Commenting the for loop seems to do stop it from crashing and a window appears
- Commenting the set_column_homogeneous stops it from crashing and the contents from the for loop appears.
- (with the for loop commented) Adding one or two items to the grid doesn’t seem to crash my computer.
For some clarification, by crash I mean:
- gets stuck for a while
- my computer is unusable but music is still going abd my cursor moves
- the window appears after a while with the everything working, however my computer starts freaking out
- now everything is unusable and sometimes a black screen appears and disappears quickly (with the color from the login page, so the system’s default)
I could only restart my computer.
If anyone knows anything, please let me know.