Gnome Tweaks won't open

Hi there, i do have a problem with gnome tweaks, it won’t open and if i try to launch it from the terminal it says :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/gnome-tweaks", line 15, in <module>
    gi.require_version("Handy", "0")
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/__init__.py", line 129, in require_version
    raise ValueError('Namespace %s not available for version %s' %
ValueError: Namespace Handy not available for version 0

if you know how to fix that, i’d be glad to hear back from you guys.
thank you!

You’re missing the shared library and/or the introspection data for libhandy. You will need to install it using whatever packaging formate your Linux distribution provides.

i’m using pop os and how can i do that?

i’ve already tried installing libhandy but it was already there and even by trying reinstalling it, nothing changes

Let’s back up a bit, because I’m going to need some more context.

Did you install Tweaks from your distribution’s packages?

yes i did, i don’t know if it’s related to that but when i run apt update i get an error related to the gnome3-team repo

The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/gnome3-team/gnome3/ubuntu hirsute Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
E: The repository 'https://apt.pop-planet.info hirsute Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

It seems you got yourself into a broken state because you used a separate PPA that is not compatible with Pop_OS. You should ask for help on a Pop_OS user support channel, or you should ask the owners of the PPA repository if you can use it with Pop_OS. Neither of these projects are part of GNOME.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.