Gnome-todo propagates changes immediatly but doesn't receive them (Online Accounts related, possibly)

Hi all,

TL;DR first!

issue: managing my CalDav tasks from gnome-todo produces changes, albeit they are reflected on every connected app (phone and tablet) EXCEPT gnome-todo

trigger: creating a new list or task on gnome-todo.

expected behavior: immediate update on the app.

actual behavior: I see the changes I write from gnome-todo everywhere EXCEPT on gnome-todo. The same happens if I create the task on another app: changes are reflected everywhere but gnome-todo.
Eventually it syncs, but it’s too wide a timespace for me to register it. It gives the illusion of aleatoriety.

Longer description:
I’m using gnome-todo to manage my CalDAv tasks on my Nextcloud server. Any action (erasing, creating, updating a task) that I take from the desktop (where I’m using GNOME) is immediately seen in my CalDAv linked apps on my Android devices. But not on the app! I even created a new list, saw it on my tasks Android app moments later, and it wouldn’t appear on my gnome-todo where I just created it!

This also applies to the case where I create a task in and Android app. Changes don’t seem to appear on gnome-todo despite being visible anywhere else.

I believe this may have something to do with how GNOME/Online Accounts manage the transfer of information, because it seems to sometimes happen with the gnome-calendar, albeit way more rarely

1 Like

Considering that this topic is phrased as a bug report, I strongly suggest you file an issue on GitLab.

I will! Thanks for guiding me via mail and via forum! Next time I’ll be more concise

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.