Since gnome-schedule was long dormant project and python 2.7 and GTK+2 was long due obsolete. I decided to port gnome-schedule to python 3.x and GTK+3. It works the same as the original one however, date time picker on AT editor does not work for unknown reason. I need some help to fix that error by making a pull request
Good job reviving this project!
I do have a few recommendations:
- you should port to GTK4 and libadwaita
- you should use an actual build system, like Meson, instead of replicating the file system structure
- you should really consider renaming the project; using “GNOME” is generally reserved to applications that are part of GNOME, to avoid creating issues with the GNOME trademark and project
You probably want to read the following:
- Naming Your App – Space and Meaning
- Designing an Icon for Your App – Space and Meaning
- Getting Started - GNOME Developer Documentation
- Application ID - GNOME Developer Documentation
- Using GtkApplication - GNOME Developer Documentation
- Integrating with GNOME - GNOME Developer Documentation
Feel free to open new topics for your questions!
- Yes it has a new name: gTock
- I currently no talent for icon design
- I have no idea how to use meson for now
4-7. It will be fully independent application as possible with less dependencies
The fork of gnome-schedule has been republished under the name gTock.
This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.