Gnome Os Real Hardware No sound through HDMI/Display Port Intel 64 bit processor

Hello,

I am currently having an issue with Gnome OS and I am hoping that someone could help me troubleshoot the issue and help me fix it please. I have my computer connect through my Display Port on my monitor which comes up as HDMI under sound settings. The issue is that I get sound when I leave it set through Speakers - built in audio but not when I set it to HDMI/Display Port - built in audio.

Can anyone help me on this please? I would really like to be able to hear audio through my monitor instead of my computers built in speaker.

I did run lspci -v to get info for my sound and video but other than that I am not sure what elese to try since Gnome OS isn’t like Ubuntu and things like pavucontrol are not available to use but here is the output I got from lspci -v.

VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller]) DeviceName: Onboard IGD Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company EliteDesk 800 G1 Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 24 Memory at f7800000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M] Memory at e0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M] I/O ports at f000 [size=64] Expansion ROM at 000c0000 [virtual] [disabled] [size=128K] Capabilities: <access denied>

Audio device: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor HD Audio Controller (rev 06) Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company EliteDesk 800 G1 Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 29 Memory at f7c34000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K] Capabilities: <access denied>

Audio device: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04) Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company EliteDesk 800 G1 Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 28 Memory at f7c30000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K] Capabilities: <access denied>

I would recommend updating to the latest version to see if this is fixed. We have added more drivers recently, and I’m not sure if it made its way to the iso you can download from os.gnome.org.

That said, I see you attempted it (your other thread) and it didn’t work. So I don’t have much to add.

Regarding pavucontrol: you can install it from flathub. Or you can try to find something that uses pipewire directly.

Other than that, I’m afraid you’re on your own. Unless someone gets the same issue (or maybe has the same hardware) it’ll be difficult to get help.

Thank you again. I will grab pavucontrol and I just did a install of the latest iso since I was having no luck.

So far now I just get no sound again but at least my system boots for me to continue to try and figure out my issues.

Thanks for the help again I appreciate it.

I also understand the whole seeing if someone has the same issue and I am hoping if I figure out mine it may help someone else.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.